[Foundation-l] Open source CRM needed for Wikimedia

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 16:59:00 UTC 2006

> our neighbors, it would increase the prevalence of proprietary file formats

gah. Would *not*.

> SugarCRM is also, by far, the most open of all the available CRM
> packages...

Available ''full service'' CRM packages.  There a dozens of free
software tools for CRM like tasks.  A piece of paper is an open CRM
tool. We could use Emacs no doubt!  There is a presumption I made in
that statement that we need something more powerful than a blank sheet
of paper or a basic contact book.  If that assumption is correct, my
statement on Sugar is correct.