[Foundation-l] "Waiting Room" Wiki

Klaas patio_nl at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 06:49:09 UTC 2006

If there would not be an article about the Simpsons
why not just create it eventually in your userspace
first if you're not sure enough? The sandbox can be
used
for this purpose as well.

I see no use for a seperate waiting room which may be
filled with a lot of stuff that is barely organized.

Patio (Pationl on w:en)

--- James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Despite not being within the bounds of Wikimedia
> projects, certain things
> can still be useful for other non-Wikimedia projects
> to pick up in the
> future. To accomodate such pages, we could start up
> a "waiting room" wiki
> that would reside there until they can be exported
> somewhere. For example,
> let's say someone writes a very crufty article about
> The Simpsons. However,
> if there isn't a Simpsons-Wiki yet, then the page
> can be exported to the
> waiting room wiki in the meantime. This way, when a
> Simpsons-Wiki comes to
> existence, they can search through the waiting room
> for content they can
> use. They can then export it (conserving the edit
> history) and import it
> onto their wiki.

Groets / Ciao,
Klaas e/o Paola