[Foundation-l] (Wikipedia)^RED

Lord Voldemort lordbishopvoldemort at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 19:58:47 UTC 2006

> On 6/22/06, Daniel Bregman <dbmag9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > (Product)^RED (RED is in superscript) is a brand name which works with other
> > well-known brands to produce a product of which at least 1% of the profit
> > goes to (Product)^RED, and this goes in aid of helping fight AIDS and
> > related diseases. See http://joinred.com for information

>From the website:

***Established brands who license the (PRODUCT) RED mark send a
portion of the profits made on (PRODUCT) RED products directly to the
Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. (RED) never handles this
money.***

So we create a red skin, pay (RED) to use their name, handle all the
money and donations to the Global Fund, and (RED) does what exactly?
While I appreciate the cause, I just don't get it.  --LV