[Foundation-l] (Wikipedia)^RED

Daniel Bregman dbmag9 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 19:36:12 UTC 2006

(Product)^RED (RED is in superscript) is a brand name which works with other
well-known brands to produce a product of which at least 1% of the profit
goes to (Product)^RED, and this goes in aid of helping fight AIDS and
related diseases. See http://joinred.com for information

Why not set up a (Wikipedia)^RED which would essentially be a skin through
which the normal Wikipedia is viewed: it would change the colours to red (or
shades thereof), have a different Main Page which explains the scheme and
has inobtrusive advertisements on the side (under the interwiki links) which
generate revenue to do to (Product)^RED (and Wikimedia).

I think that the aim of this is wholly consistent with that of the Wikimedia
Foundation, and I would like to hear your views.

--
-Daniel (meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Dbmag9)
dbmag9.blogspot.com