[Foundation-l] the easy way or the less easy way

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jun 21 08:44:27 UTC 2006

Phoebe Ayers wrote:

>On 6/17/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I suggest that a workshop be set up at Wikimania to discuss these
>>things in person; in addition, if you want my personal thoughts on
>>

>Heck yes. Would having it over lunch suit? Otherwise, it would
>conflict with sessions (or have to be before or after, on Thur./Mon.)
>
>As ever, such things can be discussed/proposed here:
>http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_online

I support the general idea.  I don't know if a lunch session would be
long enough to do justice to the question.  Perhaps an open-ended
evening session?

Judging by some of the views expressed already this could be a fairly
heavy duty session.  Airing these kinds of things at a meeting like this
should be done with a view of building consensus.  All persons active in
some aspect of wiki governance should be there.  I would not make this a
closed meeting (too unwiki!), but people who have not been following
this discussion before the meeting should be warned that the nature of
the discussions could be very boring for them.

I would also suggest that a written agenda be available before the
meeting starts, and that the meeting be chaired by a person with a track
record in consensus building.

Ec