[Foundation-l] Opinions/suggestions for "outside" members of the board?

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 04:19:46 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, Kirill Lokshin <kirill.lokshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/19/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> >   - Al Gore
>
> Is having a highly prominent -- and still very active -- political
> figure on the board such a good idea?  Something like that will
> inevitably raise questions about Wikipedia's neutrality in political
> issues;

Agreed, and I strongly oppose that idea. Not personally, but all
candidates from the US political world. It can be somehow benefical
for managing the WMF in the USA, but at the same time it can place a
certain tention between other political groups, including the outside
the USA both the external of the project and within the community.
Please remember, the majority of editors are * not * US citizens, and
I convince many of them do never want to US political debates at all.
It can even a cause of forks, specially the majority of population
against or not favor of US foreign policy,  I predict.

--
Aphaia
aka