[Foundation-l] Opinions/suggestions for "outside" members of the board?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 01:40:05 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/20/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Of course you don't.
>>> Should we decide to accept someone who is qualified and experienced it
>>> would preclude selecting you.
>>>
>> Is there a policy against personal attacks on this list?
>>

> You're not qualified or experienced in terms of running a non-profit
> foundation or large scale publishing, this is a matter of fact. You
> are tireless politicking for a position on the board.
>
> It would be inapproiate to quies criticism of board hopefuls.
>
> If I am mistaken and you have no intention of ever serving on the
> board, please say so publicly and I'll apologise and never again point
> out that you never do much except worthless posturing.
>
> Alternately you could spend some of the time you spend writing
> proposals and conjecture and instead get something done, and then
> perhaps I'd have a reason to support you rather than point out how
> inaccurate the claims you make about your own importance are...
Hoi,
Sorry to butt in. But I can testify to Erik DOING things.. Have a look
at http://wiktionaryz.org Much of the technical work done is his. Erik
has published many designs for improvements of the MediaWiki software,
asked for comments and modified the designs where needed. Many of these
projects he proposed are now active parts of projects. Erik has had an
effect on all projects; he was largely instrumental in creating Commons
and Wikinews. You may not like the guy, you may not like his ideas but
he certainly has proved that he influenced the Wikimedia Foundation and
he is certainly one of the more influential people of our community

My question would be: do /you /know your who is who and, what is /your
/claim to fame.. ?? I know you from the mailing lists ..

Thanks,
   GerardM