[Foundation-l] the easy way or the less easy way

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Mon Jun 19 22:13:08 UTC 2006

Kelly Martin wrote:

>On 6/19/06, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
>

>>>I could not find an official Oregon state site via google which is
>>>rather irritating and disappointing.   How the hell can we be a nation
>>>of laws if the laws are secret, unknown, or published in an expensive
>>>proprietary format nobody wishes to invest in?
>>>

>>I found http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/ by typing in "oregon statutes"
>>and hitting "I'm feeling lucky".
>>

>It is generally well-known that one can get the government of any
>state by going to www.state.xx.us, where xx is the state's postal
>code.  Oregon's website can therefore be found at www.state.or.us.
>This redirects to oregon.gov, which is the state's official website.
>
>Kelly

The standard format provided redirects to a index page of links:
http://www.oregon.gov/how_do_i.shtml#laws

which has a bunch of useful information and the link with the disclaimer
that Anthony provided.

Apparently might as well be depending on a legal free wiki site and free
content typists and editors as the State's official online publishing.
Use of either is at your own risk.

regards,
lazyquasar