[Foundation-l] Opinions/suggestions for "outside" members of the board?

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:45:38 UTC 2006

> On 6/19/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yup, we'll be darned if someone raises some kind of Wikimedia-Democrat
> > Conspiracy Theory.
>
> They do that kinda junk already... making lists of Jewish admins and
> the like.  I don't think the positions of insane people should be a
> factor in who we consider talking to...

So long as the people in question are regarded by the majority of our
readers as being a little funny in the head, yes.  But if the
_average_ reader starts to have reasonable doubts about our
impartiality -- and I believe that would be the case should we have
someone of Al Gore's prominence on the board -- then our credibility
as a source of information would suffer.

--
Kirill Lokshin