[Foundation-l] the easy way or the less easy way

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Mon Jun 19 06:39:11 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro wrote:

>  IIRC, oregon is usually recognized for very liberal
>non-profit corporate laws.

I doubt they are all that much different to justify a relocation.

A stand out local feature is there is no state sales tax.   Which means
by current U.S. Federal law governing transactions over the Internet.
This means any corporate store owned and operated locally can be set up
to move goods inside the U.S.  for revenue with no need to do the
paperwork and collect sales taxes for 48 various U.S. states who do have
a state sales tax.

Obviously foreign excise duties must be still be investigated and
serviced if the intent is to ship worldwide.

Also various U.S. restraints regarding the export of regulated
militarily applicable technologies as well as import regulations.

Some research here might informative for any interested:
http://www.constructionweblinks.com/Industry_Topics/Laws_and_Regulations_--_Full_T/State__Laws_and_Regulations/Oregon__State_Laws_and_Regulat/oregon__state_laws_and_regulat.html

I could not find an official Oregon state site via google which is
rather irritating and disappointing.   How the hell can we be a nation
of laws if the laws are secret, unknown, or published in an expensive
proprietary format nobody wishes to invest in?  No wonder the local law
and order Republican busy bodies keep losing our state to the
irresponsible fiscally conservative Democrats.

The local law library is open by prearranged appointment a few hours a
week.  If there are any serious specific questions regarding Corporate
advantage somebody could fly into Coos Bay International and do the
detailed research.  8)

regards,
lazyquasar