[Foundation-l] Sitenotice use for Wikimania

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 02:40:59 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, Michael Snow <wikipedia at earthlink.net> wrote:
> As a general matter, I don't think such uses need to receive
> clearance on a Foundation level, although I hope that if anyone
> anticipates conflicts with our planned uses, they would let us know so
> we can resolve that.

If I recall correctly, at the previous occasion of this January, the
global sitenotice which had come in English at that time didn't affect
the wiki which has locally used their own sitenotice at that time (Now
I'm thinking jawikinews). Is my remembrance wrong? Or there will be no
similar conflict any more?

> Site notices should not be overused, so I do think silent periods are
> important.

Some projects including En Wikinews or Ja, continue to utilise
sitenotice less or more one year, but on both projects I haven't heard
a major dispute about that. (They  serve visitors only a few of links
to some pages and not so heavily remarkable).

--
Aphaia
aka