[Foundation-l] the easy way or the less easy way

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 12:02:42 UTC 2006

Erik Zachte wrote:
> Anthere:

> My point, please give it few more days or even weeks, perhaps give yourself
> a break as well, before you decide no one is interested.
> We don't need to reach a conclusion within a week. Better slow and steady
> than hastily and without results.
>
> Erik Zachte

My own point is that we may have days, but we may not have weeks.
I know who is on the board now, I do not know for sure who will be on
the board in a few months. By the way, about a good dozen people
indicated their interest to be on the board, and some of them gave their
opinion on the current topic. Others did not.

I think that it would be interesting that all current candidates
actually *give* their opinion publicly on what they consider is
membership, on how membership should be taken into account and which
type of organisation they envision would be best for the Foundation.

Ultimately, either we together will have to decide which persons should
be elected (in case of elections) or I (and other board members) will
have to decide which persons to appoint (in case of appointments).

During last elections, some people complained that there has not been
much "deep" discussions. To my opinion, membership and organisation are
really important topics. There is a pending resolution which aims at
appointing a temporary board member. This board member will have a
voice, just as current board members have. This person will be able to
impact greatly the future of the organisation depending on his/her
position. I gather I was elected with the expectation I will make
informed decisions with regards to the future of the organisation.
I do not consider myself informed enough. No decisions is required. But
opinions are necessary.

ant