[Foundation-l] the easy way or the less easy way

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 00:26:48 UTC 2006

Right now, it seems that the membership model is so inclusive, it seems  more
reasonable to ask who is *not* a member?

This is not so unreasonable a question. Plenty of people contact us daily
about advertising with us, or using us as a place to add links to their sites.
Just Friday I got a call from a PR firm that suggested we pay them to add
content about all of their clients. Are they "members"? (Note that other PR
firms have been making edits and complaining if they are reverted. Are they
members too?)

Willie on Wheels has thousands of "edits." Is he a member?

Some of the most active members on this list make very few real content
edits. Are they members?

Membership in any organization implies a certain level of responsibility.  By
granting membership--and with it, the right to vote--we are allowing people
to determine the future direction of the organization. It seems that this
would  necessitate something more than just goodwill, presence, or a vested
interest in  the course of the foundation.

Danny