[Foundation-l] the easy way or the less easy way

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Sat Jun 17 20:42:47 UTC 2006

On 6/17/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anthony DiPierro wrote:
> > On 6/16/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
> >>The Foundation shall have no members.
> >>

> > So the original bylaws had *everyone* as members, and the proposed new
> > bylaws have *no one* as members.  Unfortunately, it seems to be
> > possible for three members of the board to make this change.  I urge
> > all the board members to vote against it.  At the very least, I hope
> > the board will first poll the current membership (the community) to
> > see what they think about the idea.
>
> What the f*** do you think I am currently doing Anthony ???

I think you're trying to get ideas on how to resolve the issue.  But
you don't seem to be acting on behalf of the board in doing so.

> It does not need to do any poll of some sort. I am *trying* desperately
> to make some of you react and help on the matter. Thanks for Sj and you
> to have answered.
>
> Clearly, aside from Delphine basically, no one is interested in
> discussing the Apache model. My question for the next week is whether I
> make the effort to entirely re-write a membership section to propose the
> board. Given to huge interest, I am not sure it is worth the effort.

Any chance of getting the board to set up a committee with the task of
recommending a new set of bylaws?

If not, then you're probably right - it's not worth the effort.

Anthony