[Foundation-l] Greetings, Wikimedians

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 17:41:04 UTC 2006

How is Wikipedia better than World Book or Encyclopaedia Britannica? How is
Wikinews better than CNN.com? How is Wiktionary better than dictionary.com?
The idea is that when Wikimedia starts a project, we're the copyleft
alternative to the ideal corporate source we're getting information from.
The information Wikimedia publishes is for all the people with Internet
access, and eventually the entire world.