[Foundation-l] the easy way or the less easy way

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 15:19:14 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:
> Anthony DiPierro wrote:

> We can expect two resignations in the year coming. And expansion of the
> board by 2 more members.
> Last proposal by Jimbo is 2 elected members, 4 appointed and himself.
> There is no mention in bylaws of way to remove appointed members.
> Elected are renewed every 2 years.
>
> My proposal is to have 4 elected members and 3 appointed ones. To have a
> clear renewal (or removal) of the appointed every 2 years. To have the
> elected renewed 2 one year, 2 the next year. And preferably to have the
> ones elected by a sub-group of the community (Foundation members).
>
> Angela wishes us to keep some elected members. I am not exactly sure of
> more.
>
> Tim and Michael did not give their opinion.
>
> My proposal implies a modification of the bylaws. So, it implies a new
> proposition AND that board members vote.
> Jimbo's proposition is consistant with current bylaws I think.
>
> So, if there are no new bylaws, by default you may expect 2 elected and
> 5 appointed soon. Possibly next year, 2 elected and 7 appointed.

Oh, an important clarification.
Naturally, appointed may be from outside of the community or from the
community. On this matter, Angela, Jimbo and myself agree that at least
the majority should be from the community.

The major benefit of "appointed" is there is more chance to get a united
team with complementary skills.
The major drawback is to risk similar-thinking people and limit
diversity of view points.

Ant