[Foundation-l] (volunteer) job position : Ombudsperson checkuser (or checkuser Ombudsperson or whatever)

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 14:59:19 UTC 2006

> If you have a commission (or committee) doing this sort of thing it wil
> really be nothing but a second Arbcom.

No, there's no reason to believe that's what would happen.

Part of the role suggested by this group is to formulate policy as
well as to resolve individual complaints.  I'm certainly not
recommended that the complaint resolution be handled in the broken
manner that the English ArbCom operates (that is, slowly, reactively,
largely ineffectually).  Rather, I view the purpose of this group as
to monitor the use of CheckUser proactively as well as reactively and,
when it appears appropriate, to recommend changes to the privacy and
checkuser policies to the Board, as well as to provide recommendations
to either the Board or to individual member projects as to how to
resolve particular conflicts.  In any case, it should be viewed as a
delegation of the Board's authority and should be treated as a
Foundation function.

Kelly