[Foundation-l] Greetings, Wikimedians

Nathan Carter magnaboy at westnet.com.au
Sat Jun 17 09:42:33 UTC 2006

James Hare wrote:

>Hello, fellow Wikimedians!
>
>I am Messedrocker -- you may know me from Wikipedia or Wikinews. I would
>like to introduce myself to the mailing list, and simultaneously tell you
>about my proposed project:
>http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Medical_dictionary_wiki -- please read the
>whole thing before you criticise. I hope it's not bad form for my first post
>to be a shameless spamvertisement, but that's what Meta told me to do.
>
>Sincerely,
>Messedrocker

Hi Messedrocker,
Your proposal is certainly interesting. My only question is what would
the project provide that could not be achieved by say a portal on Wikipedia?
I am guessing that it is madatory that the information comes from
verifiable sources in the scientific community and not just some Joe
down the street who wants to give the recipe for his grandma's
concoction to cure the flu to the world for free.
Cheers,
Nathan (Cartman02au)