[Foundation-l] Greetings, Wikimedians

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 07:18:59 UTC 2006

> I am Messedrocker -- you may know me from Wikipedia or Wikinews. I would
> like to introduce myself to the mailing list, and simultaneously tell you
> about my proposed project:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Medical_dictionary_wiki -- please read the
> whole thing before you criticise. I hope it's not bad form for my first post
> to be a shameless spamvertisement, but that's what Meta told me to do.

Firstly, you might be interested in the (not very active) medical wiki
mailing list at
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedical-l

Secondly, with the exception of the unwiki suggestion that all pages
should be protected from editing, wouldn't your project duplicate
Wiktionary? There's already a category for medical terms at
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:Medicine

Angela.