[Foundation-l] Mail Stats

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Sat Jun 17 01:04:21 UTC 2006

Michael R. Irwin wrote:

>  The appears enwiki-l stats appear to shut off at five posts.   Perhaps
> the graphics is truncated for ease of use and the totals are accurate?

Yes indeed. This is on purpose. The table would be extraordinary large if I
showed everyone who edited one or two times on a list. Yet the counts are
complete. Those single edits are included.

On startup mailing lists I do show all data, even single posts.

I parse mailman archives. I do not use mail address, scan for username as z
in
"From: x at y (z)"

> It seemed to accurately pick up posts signed as both mirwin and as my
> later handle lazyquasar but they were all annotated as from Michael R.
> Irwin in the header so that was not surprising.

Yes, as explained above.

> Any further explanation to clarify exactly what is counted and how it is
> summarized if the data is not exactly accurate in the counts of all the
> emails in the archives would be appreciated by me.

Please ask if you have more questions.

Oh, I was asked why Jimbo has more posts than the board combined.
That is because Jimbo preceded the board with quite a few months.  :)

Erik Zachte