[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] A proposal for organisation

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 06:21:20 UTC 2006

Michael R. Irwin wrote:
> Somebody wrote:
>

>>I personally don't like the veto system. It is uncomfortable both for
>>the board *and* the people involved. Pool to choose from is much
>>better.

Choosing in a pool may also be a problem if the pool was selected
through a complete election process, as the board would be expected to
choose the people according to the percentage of support they got.
This is the case for the english arbcom. I am not aware Jimbo ever felt
  embarassed with any of the pool member, but it is likely he feels
compound to pick up the top of the pool.

Choosing in a pool selected by support/oppose election type would be
much easier, but a much more complicated process if the number of
nominees is largely bigger than the number of final members. Is it best
to pick up 1 person with 80% of support - 10 votes, or to pick up 1
person with 70% of support - 100 votes ?

I think the final decision is mostly one based on what we want the
Foundation type to be, private Foundation (business Foundation) or
public Foundation (communittee Foundation) ?