[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Thu Jun 15 16:30:53 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Michael R. Irwin wrote:
>

>>Wikiversity is a natural fit with the existing projects and the slogans
>>and bylaws yet it is not being implemented despite overwhelming
>>community support.
>>

>It should be noted that I am a strong supporter of Wikiversity.  So,
>whatever merits the rest of your rant might have, this does not seem to
>be particularly relevant.
>
>The Wikiversity group was asked to make some relatively minor
>adjustments to the charter, adjustments which addressed the concerns
>*not of the board*, but of the people who had opposed to creation of
>Wikiversity.
>
>The board has not been presented with a followup proposal for a vote.
>
>--Jimbo

Actually, it was, but the follow-up was ignored, together with no real
means or process to submit the follow up proposal.  And the objections
that were raised by the board were so curt and lacking any detail that
the participants trying to modify the Wikiversity proposal have resorted
to tactics more related to reading tea leaves than anything else.

Some significant changes have taken place in the proposal, never the
less, and there is going to be something forth coming in just the next
few weeks.  A much more expanded and detailed proposal for Wikiversity
is going to be presented to both the Wikimedia community at large, as
well as to the WMF board for formal approval.  It should hopefully
address some of the areas that lacked detail in the original proposal.
 All I can say is simply be patient and hopefully most people who are
supporters of Wikiversity will be pleased with the results, as will some
of the critics.

--
Robert Scott Horning