[Foundation-l] A proposal for organisation

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Thu Jun 15 03:22:24 UTC 2006

Delirium wrote:

>Anthere wrote:
>

>>Now, from what I understood from Lars description, I think the Apache
>>Foundation model could rather well fit us... if so, why trying to
>>reinvent the wheel ?
>>

>Seems reasonable to me.  Of course we don't have to copy every detail
>exactly, but as a general method of organization it both seems like a
>good idea and has a track record of success.
>
>-Mark

My understanding of the Apache Foundation is that it is involved with
and supported small groups of sophisticated technical developers focused
on a specific field of software development and maintenance.

Might be worth considering how the track record translates to a
Foundation attempting to attract and support the efforts of millions of
volunteers for parallel philanthropic tasks.

regards,
lazyquasar