[Foundation-l] A proposal for organisation

Łukasz Garczewski tor at oak.pl
Thu Jun 15 01:24:07 UTC 2006

Tim Starling napisał(a):
> Anthere wrote:
>> Now, from what I understood from Lars description, I think the Apache
>> Foundation model could rather well fit us... if so, why trying to
>> reinvent the wheel ?
>
> It could work, except that all the democratic bits would have to be cut out.
> I've been pushing a membership model with an elected board for a long time,
> but it's become clear that the powers that be are fundamentally opposed to
> it. The ASF model could work, with the modification that the Board would be
> appointed by Jimbo and the members wouldn't exist.

If I may, I would like to throw in a little personal comment. Please,
don't take this personal Tim, your mail is not a reason in itself,
rather it's an excuse to say the things I've been thinking for the past
2 or 3 weeks.

Here goes...

The level of cynism in this debate is starting to get on my nerves at times.

Some of you don't like the way the Foundation works right now. I'm
perfectly OK with that.

Some people may not really dislike the way the Foundation works, but
think it could work better and are trying to change it for the better.
Great, go for it.

What I don't like is when the first group keeps saying things which I
can only summarize as "Har har har. Good one, really. You do know this
is never going to work, right?"

Please, do *not* do that. It is really annoying.

If you want things to change - help Ant and the others out. If you don't
want to change anything - say so. Or you can just sit back, relax,
*refrain from throwing in cynical remarks* and see what happens next.
There is no other option.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,