[Foundation-l] A proposal for organisation

Tim Starling t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jun 15 00:43:28 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:
> Now, from what I understood from Lars description, I think the Apache
> Foundation model could rather well fit us... if so, why trying to
> reinvent the wheel ?

It could work, except that all the democratic bits would have to be cut out.
I've been pushing a membership model with an elected board for a long time,
but it's become clear that the powers that be are fundamentally opposed to
it. The ASF model could work, with the modification that the Board would be
appointed by Jimbo and the members wouldn't exist.

-- Tim Starling