[Foundation-l] Fundraising ideas - bursting the bubble

Lord Voldemort lordbishopvoldemort at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:29:15 UTC 2006

On 6/14/06, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> In the Tampa Bay area, say a 50 mile radius of the main office.  Or
> say the USF campus, to make it even simpler.

Actually, that's a great idea. Hit up some college or university
campus, find a group of 5-10 people, tell 'em you'll give 'em a few
bucks (20-40... depending on how many you recruit) for stuffing
envelopes for WMF for a couple of hours.  Most college kids are
strapped for cash and would eagerly participate.  While the speed of
the work may not be that of a professional company, it would be
cheaper, and perhaps even spark interest in Wikimedia projects if the
university newspaper ran a little story about students helping out WMF
(like we need more university student contributors 8^ ) ). I don't
know, just throwing out some thoughts. --LV