[Foundation-l] Hiring of Interim Executive Director and Legal Counsel

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 02:52:05 UTC 2006

> I agree completely.  I resist very strongly any separation of foundation
> and community.

How about a different point of view? Separated in concept, but united
in practice. I am aware it sounds very inclining to a certain cultural
background, but still daresay this idea itself can be applied to many
cases, specially we need to cooperate with each other.

Separation itself is nothing wrong. Separation without communication
nor collaboration is bad, or useless at best, assuredly.

If there is no separation, we require never two words or concepts: in
practice the community isn't involved into a certain matter which the
foundation cares for, and vice versa, I assume. If that sounds too
metaphisical or awkward, we might need another terminology, like
distinction, instead of separation.

--
Aphaia
aka