[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Jun 13 23:04:50 UTC 2006

> On 6/13/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thirty six presses:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scot_Alan_Bittinger
>
> [sigh] Deleted already.  As I said.. it's pointless to try to make
> examples because people just fix them and then we pretend that it's
> solved... we're so deep into firefighting that we refuse to
> acknowledge that we have serious systematic problems.

Sure, there are systematic problems with building something of high
quality using a wiki.  But do you really think the board can do
anything to fix them?  Moreover, do you think a different board would
have fixed the problem you've pointed out by now?

After seeing Wikipedia in action for so long people tend to forget
just how amazing it is.  Pretty much anyone can edit pretty much any
part of it at any time.  It's remarkable that the idea works in the
first place.

Anthony