[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Tue Jun 13 21:03:10 UTC 2006

Elisabeth Bauer wrote:

>Michael R. Irwin schrieb:
>

>>When those volunteers get interested in a topic and go looking for the
>>information and cannot find it without querying a wide range of poorly
>>organized sources the organization does indeed look "opaque".
>>

>I agree but this is hardly the board's fault. Did I hear you
>volunteering for the task of cleaning up Meta?

It is precisely the Board's fault.  If critical functions cannot be met
by motivating volunteers then budgets need to be established to pay for
those critical functions to be met, workforces hired and trained, etc. etc.

Regarding your desire that I snap to and perform tasks you desire
completed at meta ... forget it.  I contribute when and where I please,
often anonymously to avoid hassles.   Feel free to delete the obsolete
business planning that "24" and I attempted to initiate at meta.   If
meta had been used as advertised initially instead of merely diverting
volunteers from management issues the Foundation would not be in its
current mess nor would there be a mess to clean up at meta.

As far as I am concerned you can turn meta off entirely.   In my view,
it has done more harm to the projects and "communities" it was supposed
to support than good.

Have fun.

regards,
lazyquasar