[Foundation-l] Hiring of Interim Executive Director and Legal Counsel

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Mon Jun 12 22:21:13 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Following a long discussion, both publicly and privately, the board of
>the foundation voted recently to hire an interim Executive Director and
>legal counsel.  We offered the position to Brad Patrick, and he
>accepted.  We have discussed at length the parameters of the
>position, including job responsibilities, and so on.  (This has been
>posted and discussed publicly as well.)
>

>--Jimbo

Of the various candidates I would consider, this seems like a very good
one to me.  I support the decision, and the idea of having a lawyer in
the loop as most of the issues facing the WMF outside of editing
challenges seem to be mainly legal anyway.  I'm sure he will do a good job.

--
Robert Scott Horning