[Foundation-l] Project Proposal: Wikiscope

Daniel Bregman dbmag9 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 18:47:55 UTC 2006

Hello, List-Readers,

A week or so ago I had an idea. I had realised for a while that most casual
viewers of the Wikimedia projects are not really aware about most of the
other projects. A user of Wikipedia does not know of Wikiquote, which is a
real pity and something that needs to be remedied if we want the Wikimedia
Foundation to truly succeed.

I conceived of an idea for a project which ties together the various
projects in such a way as to allow any casual viewer to search for a topic
and get all the relevant information - not just that on Wikipedia. This
would have pages with no content but with links, each page on a topic and
each link to something related to that. This is Wikiscope.

Please take a look at my proposal at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikiscope and leave your comments and
suggestions.

Thank you very much,