[Foundation-l] Re : on (re)organizing wikimedia

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 06:35:26 UTC 2006

On 6/12/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> osar's ideas as outlined below are far too general to
>   It would be far too large to be effective.  I can't
> see how a group of more than 20 people max could be
> useful in an advisory role.  And I have no idea what
> "supervision of the projects" actually entails.  Any
> duties I can think of that could be considered
> supervision need a group no larger than 13.

It can be representatives of the largest part(s), like the English
Wikipedia is the largest and perhaps most active, and most of active
members of this mailinglist are its regular, and I agree it will be
efficient, but at the same time it can happen such body of
representatives fail to representative the broader population of
Wikimedia project editors (like Enlgish Wikipedia editors are less
than the sum of editors of  all other projects). If it aims to reflect
voices of users in a systematical scheme, not as well current sporadic
and relying on personal relationships, it would make a sense. But I'm
afraid it isn't at all the representatives of the entire Wikimedia
project community, neglecting the majority of editors who are not
involved into foundation activities.

--
Aphaia
aka