[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Nathan Carter magnaboy at westnet.com.au
Sun Jun 11 02:26:48 UTC 2006

Kim Bruning wrote:

>Some aspects that might be good
>* Typically "older" users who have a lot of experience
>* People who are mild, and unlikely to enter conflict
>* People who have also had some amount of real life experience.

I agree with these guidelines except for the second. There is no use
having someone who is just going to follow the group dynamic and agree
on everything just because they are afraid of being confrontational. In
most organisations the real changes come from conflict. Conflict when
constructive and directed properly is useful and should not be something
we shy away from.
Cheers,
Nathan.