[Foundation-l] on (re)organizing wikimedia

Nathan Carter magnaboy at westnet.com.au
Sun Jun 11 02:22:41 UTC 2006

I have quite a large number of opinions on this.
There needs to be an executive in place with the subcommittees which can
act relatively autonomously but are responsible to the executive. At the
same time I would like to see us have Wikicouncil, where people from the
projects meet to discuss them and issues arising out of them.

Wikicouncil would then have someone who reported back to the executive
and again be responsible to them.

The fact is, Joe and Joanne editor couldn't really care less how the
organisation is ran so long as everything works. The organisation needs
to be ran by experts with a small amount of accountability to the user
base (which I feel Wikicouncil would achieve)
Cheers,
Nathan