[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Fri Jun 9 16:57:58 UTC 2006

> We are not the only charitable organization in the world, yet we seem
> to know so little of what has been earned by others.  ... But what
> else should we expect from a group with tens of thousands of
> participants which still has substantial difficulty getting 40 man
> hours a week applied to resolving problems which are bringing us into
> disrepute in international news.

The thing is, the vast majority of those tens of thousands of
participants don't really care about the foundation.  They just want
to work on a free encyclopedia/free news reporting service/free image
repository/whatever.

It'd be interesting if nothing else to see just what percentage of
Wikipedians have any desire at all of being Wikimedians.

Anthony