[Foundation-l] rsHorning #01 (Donations - Direction...)

Zack Clark meta at world1tours.com
Fri Jun 9 07:47:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 20:51:26
Robert Scott Horning replied to
I want to thank Jimbo on trying to avoid getting the WMF into any
political mess, including the network bandwidth issue and other seeming
partisian neutral issues.  For crying out loud, there are enough
internal politics going on with Wikimedia projects to last for a
lifetime.  We don't need to turn Wikimedia projects into political
battle grounds any more than [[w:George W. Bush]] already is.

--
Robert Scott Horning

The above is most interesting, and I'd hopefully be as ready as anyone to recognize gallant efforts to avoid getting into any political messes, etc. My obsession, however, is to always structure things (right from the beginning and as much as possible) so that we are well isolated from such issues as nasty freedom of speech challenges.  This then minimizes any need for later dramatics.
See Subject: Eloquence #01 - libelous info

Z.Clark