[Foundation-l] Instant Commons : INCORRECT

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 20:54:03 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, 08. Juni 2006 21:48 schrieb Brion Vibber:
> > Considering that we've had violations persist for months after they
> > were tagged and even brought up in a Wikimedia board meeting, I'd say
> > that our position is even weaker than napsters.
>
> Give me URLs and I'll happily bust some heads.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Against_policy

You have two choices:
* Slow deletion with (anymous) unlinking (see CheckUsage tab on top) in all
wikis including RTL wikis (great "fun" for LTR-people like me) and maybe
getting some messages that you should login there and talk to them in let us
say Hindi... And don't forget to check out the user "gallery" of the uploader
(see at his user page the tab "gallery", one copyvio promises 5 more...)
* Fast deletion without unlinking and creating some trouble on Village Pump
and the possibility that someone will reupload it in no time as his favourite
pages are broken. ;-)

So I'd be really happy about help regardless which one of the two choices you
choose... :-)

Arnomane