[Foundation-l] Instant Commons : INCORRECT

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 20:42:31 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, 08. Juni 2006 21:34 schrieb Gregory Maxwell:
> Considering that we've had violations persist for months after they
> were tagged and even brought up in a Wikimedia board meeting, I'd say
> that our position is even weaker than napsters.

Well we do our very best. I don't want to go into details why deletion on
Commons is so much more work than in a single wikipedia, you all probably
know it already very good. But one is for certain: We don't need more admins,
we need more active admins and we need a change of mind of the people using
Commons that Commons is more than a wikipedia helper project.

There are also some things that would help Commons much more than you'd
imagine:

Burn all Fair Use images on *all* Wikimedia projects *now*. And I really mean
burn. Just *mass delete* them on sight ASAP without looking back.

I am really sick educating people afterwards that Commons is not en.wikipedia
for example. So many people from wikipedia simply dump their stuff in Commons
and just don't get the difference that Commons is not their Wikipedia.

So please in every local wiki educate people that Fair Use is a clear NO.
Please make this everywhere your most important image copyright policy.

I know that this sounds radical to some of you but it would really help us a
lot and it is worth the trouble (the trouble will quickly decrease after
you're mainly done with fair use deletions).

Arnomane