[Foundation-l] Fundraising ideas - using what we've already got

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 04:41:28 UTC 2006

Looking around meta, I see now that there have been a few related
concepts to what I have suggested, such as [[m:WikiReader]] (although
it focused on printing) and [[m:Webshop]] (now long gone? I don't
recall ever seeing it). I will probably write up a meta page with some
of my ideas within the next week.

There are a few (very few) topics where we could put together really
cool high quality content from nearly ALL the projects on the one
theme. Wikibooks has European History as its BOTM which made me think
of it. There is definitely Wikisource material available relevant to
this. Definitely Wikipedia, maybe spoken Wikipedia too. Wikiquotes,
yes. Commons, probably. OK not Wiktionary and probably not Wikinews.
But I like the idea of bundling up all these high quality items from
different projects on the one theme in a ZIP and offering them as a
"Wikimedia Reader" or "Wikimedia Pack".

Brianna