[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

valdelli at bluemail.ch valdelli at bluemail.ch
Mon Jun 5 19:44:05 UTC 2006

>But community vote is not the only way to get board members.  We have
>some very good board candidates who are not famous in the community and
>who could bring to the table professional expertise that we greatly
>need, but who would not put themselves through the troll wars of an
>election.

Personally I (totally) agree, impersonally I disagree.

I've had experience on this situation when I was in Italy when a politic
government could not be done in the past and the nation have had a "technical"
government with very good ministers. They have made a very, very good job
but for a limited time because the representatives of politic didn't accept
to be replaced. What is the moral? There is a part in the community who can
move opinions and destroy the good job of "skilled" persons, if these technical
members don't have the ability to be a little more leader.

Regards

Ilario