[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Jun 5 19:39:28 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> Sorry Fred, I think you misunderstood Angela's email. I believe this
> was an entree intended for someone specifically, at least thats the
> impression I got, and the email is just a mere polite pretext. Is this
> not the case?

Not at all!  We are genuinely interested in assessing who from the
community would be available and interested.

> Since Angela has been advocating a high degree of openness, why don't
> we start with this request?  When did random requests on troll
> infested mailinglists become an appropriate way to select board
> members?

This is foundation-l, where we discuss the foundation.  The board has
expressed an interest in having more people involved on the board, and
would like a general indication of interest in serving, both from people
who are willing to go through the election process to be a "community
representative" in the formal sense, and also those who have
professional or other qualifications but who might not have the fame or
popularity within the community to go through that process.

--Jimbo