[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Jun 5 18:34:31 UTC 2006

Angela wrote:

>On 6/6/06, Lord Voldemort <lordbishopvoldemort at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I think before (or maybe along with) this call, you need to specify
>>the requirements of Board members. Some people may not understand
>>fully the time requirements
>>

>It's hard to say what the time requirements will be since a lot of
>what the Board previously did is being decentralised though
>committees, or handed over to staff, such as the future CEO.

This is a semi-digression, but one thing that would also be nice to know
is how to get on those (new or old) committees, and what sorts of time
and expertise they require.  I know I'd be willing to devote some time
to a committee if it aligned with my interests and expertise, but the
process is currently a bit murky to me.

As for the board, I don't think there will be a lack of interested
people.  Both of the board elections we've had so far, if I recall
correctly, have had at least 8 or so people with significant approval
(though 6 of those had approval less significant than the two who were
actually elected to the board, of course ;-).

-Mark