[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Alison Wheeler wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com
Sun Jun 4 10:09:50 UTC 2006

On Sun, June 4, 2006 02:56, Anthere wrote:
 since we have no procedure to close a resolution
> after it is proposed. I remember a complex discussion about this and I
> think the conclusion was that any resolution not approved should be
> considered failed.

Clearly a motion which fails to get a majority of vites falls, however the
present situation permits that, by this methodology of not
requiring/demanding a vote (yay or nay) from every board member that there
is a quite effective "hidden fillbuster" option available. It would be a
great improvement to require that all Board members *must* vote within a
set perdio (14 days should be more than sufficient) and that For, Against
and Abstain ballots are each counted and recorded.

Alison Wheeler