[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Jun 4 02:42:06 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro wrote:
> On 6/3/06, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Looking at the recent changes to the foundation wiki, I see
>>> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution_President, affirming
>>> you as President and authorizing you to make certain decisions,
>>> "failed to gain Board support".  I wonder: Who proposed that
>>> resolution?  Who voted for it?  Who voted against it?
>> This hasn't yet been voted on. It doesn't even have a Motion to Vote
>> yet. I've no idea why it would be regarded as rejected.
>>
>> Angela.
>
> It's cute calling an organization "transparent" when even the board
> members don't even know whether a resolution has been rejected.

I rest my case.  Anthony is not being serious here, he is trolling.

There is a legitimate question as to what to call a resolution which was
never voted upon, because no one ever made a motion that it be voted on,
because it was in preliminary drafting stages.  Was it rejected?  Was it
never really proposed?  That is what Angela is talking about.

Spinning this into some kind of lack of transparency is just... well, it
is Anthony.  Nonsense.

--Jimbo