[Foundation-l] Re : jobs

Lord Voldemort lordbishopvoldemort at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 13:56:12 UTC 2006

On 6/2/06, Alison Wheeler <wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com> wrote:
> For any charitable foundation which expects and *needs* to retain the
> freely-donated level of work of its volunteers to engage a COO (as that is
> what the description is far closer too rather than a CEO - see next mail!)
> without (a) advertising the position to its membership and generally, (b)
> publicising the shortlisted candidates under consideration in some manner,
> and (c) having an open recruitment process throughout, would seem to be
> very contrary to good corporate governance.

Why would a shortlist need to be publicised? Do you mean actually
listing the names of the candidates, or simply stating that "there is
a short list of candidates"?  I am not sure posting the names of those
"still in the running" is that common a practice.  Or are you
referring to more publicity within the higher-ups of the Foundation?
Thanks.
--LV