[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] The sad story of training material to learn Farsi

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:24:07 UTC 2006

Hoi,
The reason for the "deep linking" into the fa:wikibooks is because the
text needs to be right to left. This is essential when learning
languages like Farsi, Arab, Lori, or Hebrew. Me being the WiktionaryZ
guy, you should be able what the solution is to make this material
useful to people who speak English, Russian or Chinese ... Just add the
translations to the DefinedMeaning of for English, Russian Chinese or
whatever language.

Yes, we will need some software for that.. but given that we are slowly
but surely getting towards the editable GEMET stuff at
http://wiktionaryz.org the moment when this bit of functionality can be
written is also coming closer. This would allow us to have these lessons
just once. The "Multilingual MediaWiki" (see Meta for specs) will help
as well..

Thanks,
    GerardM