[Foundation-l] Board voting system

Chris Jenkinson chris at starglade.org
Sun Feb 12 16:51:18 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Yes, that's a part of it.  But it is also about thinking about scaling
> -- we are getting bigger, and the board is working hard to delegate.
> There is talk of board expansion, and a larger board should not be
> tasked with day-to-day management.
>
> We're working longterm, not just applying a band-aid to current issues. :)

That's good to hear. However, Wikipedia is one of the most
anti-bureaucracy communities I've ever been a part of and the idea of
making more committees is going to raise some eyebrows - especially if
it's just formalising a group of people who have been getting on just
fine as they are.

Chris

--
Chris Jenkinson
chris at starglade.org

"Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful."
  -- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra