Wikitravel (was Re: [Foundation-l] Wikipubs Project Proposal.)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 15:32:37 UTC 2006

--- "admin at wikipubs.org" <admin at wikipubs.org> wrote:
> Yes the site currently exists, however this site was designed as a
> prototype to see if the mediawiki software and the wiki-type directory
> was appropriate. I have found that the software easily meets the
> requirements of the proposal and hence would be a possible future
> project. The demo site, email addresses and domains were purchased when
> I first came up with the idea and now am putting this forward for
> discussion as project proposal.

Hi James -

It would seem to me that pub, festival and nightclub guides would be a perfect fit for Wikitravel.
Wikitravel is not a Wikimedia project, but it was created by two Wikipedians. The goal of the
project is to create travel guides for every destination in the world. Each article has sections
like 'Get-in', 'Do', 'Buy', 'Eat', and 'Drink'. The 'Drink' section would be the perfect place to
talk about pubs while the 'Do' section would be the place to talk about festivals and nightclubs.

See http://wikitravel.org/en/Montreal#Drink and http://wikitravel.org/en/Montreal#Festivals

-- mav