[Foundation-l] Wikipubs Project Proposal.

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Thu Feb 9 13:12:11 UTC 2006

admin at wikipubs.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes the site currently exists, however this site was designed as a
> prototype to see if the mediawiki software and the wiki-type directory
> was appropriate. I have found that the software easily meets the
> requirements of the proposal and hence would be a possible future
> project. The demo site, email addresses and domains were purchased
> when I first came up with the idea and now am putting this forward for
> discussion as project proposal.
>
> Cheers,
> James.

As long as you are showing a willingness to transfer these domains to
the Wikimedia Foundation upon acceptance of this project, I don't see
anything wrong with doing a project proposal like this.  It is a bit
different than other proposals, but every new project proposal seems to
go about its creation through slightly unique circumstances, especially
as the proposal matures.

The quality of the proposal and the merits of it becoming a Wikimedia
sister project should be irrelvant as to if it has an existing website
or not.  I do think a project demonstration is a good idea, and I hope
that others looking at this proposal understand the nature of the
demonstration.

--
Robert Scott Horning