[Foundation-l] Internal wiki(s) and confidential committee communications

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 19:07:38 UTC 2006

--- Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> If we're going to try hiding things,
> * What are we hiding, from whom?
> * How much do we trust them?
> * Do we trust them enough not to peek?
> * If we don't trust them, why are they there?
> * If we do trust them, why are we hiding information?
>
> If the only requirement is to protect against casual reading of pages by
> highly-trusted individuals in another workgroup, maybe it's good enough. But do
> we need it then?

All the right questions. All we need to do is properly vette those people who are given access to
InternalWiki. We could given make each promise to keep what they see there secret. But if we can't
trust committee members in one committee with information generated from another, then they should
not be a member of *any* committee.

-- mav